Architectural Advisory Committee Meeting
- Date: 05/07/2018 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Location: City Hall, Council Chamber
3200 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way
Palm Springs, California 92262
ARCHITECTURAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE
CITY OF PALM SPRINGS, CALIFORNIA
Council Chamber, 3200 East Tahquitz Canyon Way, Palm Springs, California 92262
Maria Song, Chair
Kenny Cassady, Vice-Chair
Sheila Miller, Alternate
Steve Poehlein, Alternate
Flinn Fagg, AICP, Director of Planning Services
Noriko Kikuchi, Assistant Planner
Edward Robertson, Principal Planner
Pursuant to the Government Code Section 54957.5(b)(2) the designated office for inspection of public records in connection with the meeting is the Office of the City Clerk, City Hall, 3200 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way. Complete Agenda Packets are available for public inspection at: City Hall, Office of the City Clerk. Agenda and staff reports are available on the City’s website: www.palmspringsca.gov. If you would like additional information on any item appearing on this agenda, please contact the Planning Department at (760) 323-8245.
It is the intention of the City of Palm Springs to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in all respects. If, as an attendee or a participant at this meeting, or in meetings on a regular basis, you will need special assistance beyond what is normally provided, the City will attempt to accommodate you in every reasonable manner. Please contact the Planning Department, (760) 323-8245, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting, to inform us of your particular needs and to determine if accommodation is feasible.
CALL TO ORDER:
REPORT OF THE POSTING OF AGENDA: Agenda is available for public access at the City Hall bulletin board (west side of Council Chamber) and the Planning Department counter by 6:00 pm on Wednesday, May 2, 2018.
ACCEPTANCE OF THE AGENDA: The Architectural Advisory Committee will discuss the order of the agenda, may amend the order, note abstentions and request Consent Calendar items be removed from the consent calendar for discussion.
PUBLIC COMMENTS: This time has been set aside for members of the public to address the Architectural Advisory Committee on the Consent Calendar and other agenda items; and items of general interest within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board. Although the Architectural Advisory Committee values your comments, pursuant to the Brown Act, it generally cannot take any action on items not listed on the posted Agenda. Three (3) minutes assigned for each speaker.
The following routine matters may be acted upon by one motion. Individual items may be removed by the Board for separate discussion at this time or under Approval of the Agenda.
1. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: APRIL 16, 2018
2. GML, INC., ON BEHALF OF THE FIREBIRD ESTATES HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION, FOR MINOR ARCHITECTURAL REVIEW APPROVAL TO ALTER AN EXISTING 15,630 SQUARE-FOOT LANDSCAPE AT 2033 EAST RAMON ROAD, ZONE RGA 8 (CASE 3.0748). (NK)
3. CONSERVE LANDCARE ON BEHALF OF PALM SPRINGS CHURCH OF CHRIST REQUESTING APPROVAL FOR A MINOR ARCHITECTURAL APPLICATION TO CONVERT APPROXIMATELY 7,025-SQUARE FEET OF EXISTING LANDSCAPING TO DROUGHT TOLERANT LANDSCAPE AT 1450 NORTH AVENIDA CABALLEROS, ZONE PD 161 (CASE 5.0332 MAA). (ER)
4. GORDON JIROUX FOR A MINOR ARCHITECTURAL APPROVAL TO ADD A 750-SQUARE FOOT CASITA TO AN EXISTING SINGLE-FAMILY RESIDENCE ON A 1.36-ACRE HILLSIDE PARCEL LOCATED AT 911 JUAREZ AVENUE, ZONE R-1-A (CASE 3.0725 MAA). (ER)
5. FREEHOLD COMMUNITIES, LLC, REQUEST FOR A PRELIMINARY PLANNED DEVELOPMENT DISTRICT AND MAJOR ARCHITECTURAL APPLICATION FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A 153-UNIT CONDOMINIUM COMPLEX ON A 16.1 ACRES OF UNDEVELOPED PARCEL IN PLANNING AREA 5 OF PHASE 1 WITHIN THE MIRALON PROJECT LOCATED AT 801 SUNRISE PARKWAY, ZONE PDD 290(CASE NOS. 5.0982-PD 290 & 3.4075-MAJ) (ER).
Item 5. Case 5.0982 PD 290 & 3.4075 MAJ-Part 2_Exhibits
COMMITTEE MEMBER COMMENTS:
STAFF MEMBER COMMENTS:
ADJOURNMENT: The Architectural Advisory Committee of the City of Palm Springs will adjourn to the next regular meeting at 3:00 pm on Monday, May 21, 2018, Council Chamber, City Hall, 3200 East Tahquitz Canyon Way, Palm Springs.