VACATION RENTAL SAFETY INSPECTION
Vacation Rental Compliance Department implemented the annual Safety Inspection for all new and renewal Vacation Rental Registration Certificate applications as of February 1, 2018. You may find the Safety Inspection Form under the sections Ordinance 1918 Toolkit and Applying for a VR Certificate and Renewals. Vacation Rental Compliance Department will be scheduling and performing the Safety Inspection.
VACATION RENTAL COMPLIANCE DEPARTMENT HAS MOVED
NEW LOCATION: 425 N. Civic Drive, Palm Springs
MONTHLY TOT PAYMENT ARE STILL TO BE SUBMITTED TO CITY HALL - TOT DESK
All meetings will be held at the 425 N. Civic Drive, Palm Springs - Conference Center
- March 13, 2018
- April 10, 2018
- May 8, 2018
- June 12, 2018
- July 10, 2018 - Call in meeting
- August 14, 2018 - No meeting this month
- September 11, 2018 - No meeting this month
- October 9, 2018
- November 13, 2018
- December 11, 2018
Each meeting focuses on Ordinance No. 1918 Vacation Rental and Homeshare topics. We welcome productive feedback, and Q&A.
June 13, 2017 -CITY ID NUMBER IS REQUIRED ON ALL ADVERTISING (NOT TOT NUMBER)
Vacation Rental Ordinance No.1918 requires the Vacation Rental and Homeshare Registration Certificate be posted on all advertisements, including web based advertisement, hosting platforms, print media and television.
As permitted by the Ordinance, the City Manager has issued Administrative Regulations establishing requirements to satisfy this provision.
The Administrative Regulations are summarized below.
- By posting the City ID Number (located on Vacation Rental Registration Certificate) on all advertisements, including web based advertisement, hosting platforms, print media and television satisfies the requirements of Section 5.25.040 (f) specific to advertising of each Vacation Rental or Homeshare Interest.
- The City ID Number must be prominently and legibly included in the Property Description section of any Vacation Rental or Homeshare Interest in the following format: “The City of Palm Springs ID #” followed by the unique City ID Number listed on the Registration Certificate.
In order to allow reasonable time to comply, the Vacation Rental Administrative Regulations took effect on September 1, 2017. Thereafter, should any advertisements not include the City ID Number, Vacation Rental Compliance Officials will issue citations for failure to comply with Palm Springs Municipal Code Chapter Section 5.25.040(f). It is your responsibility to ensure this City ID Number remains posted as required, regardless of advertising platform changes or technical issues.
As a note, the previous Vacation Rental Ordinance No.1848 required posting of the Transient Occupancy Number (TOT Number) on all advertising platforms. This requirement will no longer be in effect and posting of TOT Number will not be required on any Vacation Rental advertisements as of September 1, 2017.